Remember when I told you I thought I was having a heart attack? Well, I wasn’t far off. I’m actually doing much better now and have a defined plan that will keep me healthy and living a lot longer, fingers crossed. But the biggest changes were I needed to change my diet and exercise. I’m down 12 pounds and am not taking nearly as many naps as I used to. So my energy is better and overall, I’m feeling pretty good. The hardest part is trying to eat a plant-based diet. In looking for a traditional slider option, I found several vegetarian sliders that taste amazing.
Amazing Vegetarian Sliders
- Butternut Squash and Mac and Cheese Sliders with Gorgonzola and Arugula – Climbing Grier Mountain
- Air Fryer Potato Fritter Sliders – Piping Pot Curry
- Quinoa and Cheese Sliders with Lemon Aioli – Climbing Grier Mountain
- Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Sliders – The Baking Fairy
- Crispy Eggplant Sliders – Cook Nourish Bliss
One of my biggest concerns since trying to be a vegetarian was not feeling full. But that’s since gone away since I’ve learned what foods I like more and more. Trying things I normally wouldn’t eat, like a jackfruit, has really changed my perspective on food. I’ve also learned how to substitute meats for alternatives that taste just as good.
- Caprese Sliders – Salty Side Dish
- Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Recipe for Perfection
- Korean BBQ Tofu Sliders with Kimchi Slaw – Hello Little Home
- Veggie Patty Melt Sliders – Happiness is Homemade
- Vegan Burger Sliders – The Baking Fairy
- Vegan BBQ Beet Kimchi Sliders – Blissful Basil
- Grilled Veggies Sliders with Goat Cheese Spread and Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette – How Sweet Eats
I’m still trying to get better at the Beyond Meat option but the texture doesn’t taste right to me. So I’m still experimenting with my favorite veggies. Zucchini has always been a hit in our house and I grow a ton of it during the summer. So having a zucchini slider is a no-brainer for me. But something different was the Portobello. I love the texture and taste. Even if mushrooms aren’t your favorite, give these a try.
- Portobello Burger Sliders – The Edgy Veg
- Zucchini Parmesan Sliders – Shutterbean
- Veggie Pub Sliders – Olivia’s Cuisine
- Crispy Falafel Sliders – Fork in the Kitchen
- Cheesy Chipotle Party Sliders – Erica’s Recipes
And finally, my new favorite alternative is cauliflower. I’m not talking about a “cauliflower steak” like I was served at a conference. I’m talking about cauliflower with a lot of heat and flavor. After trying these sliders, I didn’t even miss chicken. The key to cauliflower is crispiness. That’s why I love fixing it in my air fryer.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders with Blue Cheese Slaw – The Fitchen
- Vegetarian Enchilada Sliders – Cooking Carnival
- Sweet Potato Sliders – Leelalicious
- Gyro Tofu Sliders with Tzatziki Slaw – Alison’s Allspice
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Sliders – Real House Moms
I’m not going to tell you that being a vegetarian is easy when you first start out. But sometimes life throws you a curveball and you don’t have much of a choice. As someone that would eat mean almost daily, it’s been a struggle. But with these alternatives, each day gets easier and easier.