Raise your hand if you love carne asada tacos? Yep, that was me until I was introduced to a new vegetarian diet. Long story. But now that I’ve managed to find ways to fix slides, I’m on to tacos. We live in Southern California were tacos and Mexican food, in general, are a huge part of our weeknight meals. In fact, we have tacos every Tuesday. Here’s how we turned our love of tacos Tuesday into vegetarian taco Tuesday that everyone loves.
Vegetarian Taco Recipes
There’s so much more to tacos than just meat and beans. You can get creative and put just about anything in a taco shell. Although my children vetoed this option, the kale and brussel sprouts won for most creative. Give it a try before you cross it off your list.
- Crispy Kale and Brussels Sprout Tacos – Hunger Thirst Play
- Lentil Tacos – Recipes From a Pantry
- Air Fryer Chickpea Tacos – Recipes From a Pantry
- Vegan Pinto Bean Tacos – Diabetes Strong
- Black Bean Tacos – Food Fun Family
- Walnut Meat Tacos – V Nutrition and Wellness
I’ve talked about my love of zucchini around here before. For me, I love grilled zucchini and could eat it every day. And that rings true with these zucchini and corn tacos. So good.
- Zucchini and Corn Tacos with Guacamole – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Teriyaki Tempeh Tacos – V Nutrition and Wellness
- Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Goat Cheese Tacos – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Roasted Winter Vegetable Tacos – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Crockpot Mexican Quinoa Tacos – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
This is the winner for all of us. Butternut squash. Every single person in my family will eat butternut squash in any form. This might be because I call it sweet potatoes from time to time. But regardless, we love these tacos and have fixed them several times now.
- Butternut Squash Tacos – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Pulled Portobello Tacos – Elephantastic Vegan
- Garlicky Halloumi Tacos – Naturally Ella
- Portobello Tacos with Charred Scallion Salsa Verde – Dishing Out Health
- Chipotle-Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos – Dishing Out Health
- Grilled Zucchini Chickpea Tacos – Two Peas and Their Pod
My air flyer pulls it’s weight when it comes to roasting cauliflower. No joke. We use it every week and turn out the most amazing roasted vegetables. These tacos are so easy to make and full of flavor. You won’t even know they’re meatless.
- Cauliflower Tinga Tacos – Choosing Chia
- Crispy Baked Tofu Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw – Rachael Hartley Nutrition
- Cheesy Potato Tacos – Aberdeen’s Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Cauliflower Tacos – Plays Well With Butter
We’re going to keep celebrating taco’s every single Tuesday. With these easy recipes, there’s no reason not to.
Like this post? Here are a few other vegetarian options you might be interested in as well…
- Filling Lentil Soups
- Meatless Sliders
- Vegetarian Tacos