Is buying an Instant Pot worth it? The short answer is yes. Now, it’s only worth the price and hype if you actually USE your instant pot and not leave it in the box because you are afraid it will blow up. Which it won’t But, there is a learning curve to pressure cooking. The way I’ve learned to use my Instant Pot is by finding the best recipes that our family enjoys.
The best way to love your Instant Pot is by using it. Again, I’ve learned to love my Instant Pot for more things than just hard boiling eggs and steaming artichokes. Find recipes that you love and I guarantee you won’t regret buying your Instant Pot and it will find a permanent spot on your kitchen counter than in the box.
I have Jennifer Robins book Affordable Paleo Cooking with your Instant Pot. Her recipes are quick, easy, and clean. Two of my favorite recipes come from her website and several from her book. I also love Gina Homoka from SkinnyTaste. Her Fast and Slow book has a lot of our favorites as well. And lastly, I also use the Instant Pot Miracle with has 175 recipes. This is not my go-to, but it’s been really helpful on converting my own recipes and getting familiar with my Instant Pot.
Five recipes that will make you love your Instant Pot
- Hard Boiled Eggs… I have to put this here because I am forever looking up how to make the perfect hard boiled egg. This is it. You will never fix a hard boiled egg any other way.
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast plus cream-less cream gravy. I love that you can take frozen turkey breasts and put them straight into the IP. This is the recipe I started with because I didn’t believe you can put anything frozen in anything other than a crockpot.
- Turkey Meatball Stroganoff is a huge hit around here, especially with the kids. I love this one because it ends up being a full meal in about 40 minutes. It’s comfort food and I can make it on those busy weeknights.
- Chicken and Rice Soup is a big hit around here. I make this one when we’re just not feeling 100% or when it’s cold outside. I can also make this in less than 30 minutes with a handful of ingredients that are usually in the fridge so it’s really no fuss.
- Pork Carnitas is one that we make often for taco nights. The pressure cooker does amazing things to big chunks of meat in a short period of time and SkinnyTaste has created the perfect recipe for this one.
Something to consider… If you’re getting an Instant Pot for someone as a gift, you should get them a cookbook to go along with it. There are so many affordable options on Amazon. I know if I would have had one with my IP, I might have used it a lot sooner. I also like Becca Ludlum on Pinterest. She has some fabulous recipes to get you started too.
Again, is an Instant Pot worth it? Yes, for sure. But only if you take it out of the box and start using it!