40 things you might not know about me
Today, I turn 40 years old. Here are 40 things you may not know about me on my 40th birthday. My full first name is Cam. Nothing more. It says so on my birth certificate. And yes, I have been asked to prove it. I met my husband at my college freshman orientation 22 years […]
Today, I turn 40 years old. Here are 40 things you may not know about me on my 40th birthday.
- My full first name is Cam. Nothing more. It says so on my birth certificate. And yes, I have been asked to prove it.
- I met my husband at my college freshman orientation 22 years ago. He did not instantly return my “love at first sight” theory. But I still know it was love at first sight for me.
- I wanted to be a college professor when I was younger. Being a stay-at-home mom is much better.
- I am a closet Coke drinker. I will tell you that I quit, but I sneak it here and there.
- My pinky fingers are crooked. So are Emma’s and Addie’s pinky fingers. This was passed down from my grandfather and I think it’s really cool.
- Not a day goes by that I don’t miss my grandparents. I wish I had my grandmother’s recipe for blackberry pie.
- I take a bubble bath almost every night. Even if I’ve taken a shower that morning. Not a good carbon footprint, I know. (I’ve cut back since the drought though.)
- I like cats more than dogs. Though we’ll never own a cat because of Doug’s allergies.
- I was in 4-H. I raised a pig and took it to the fair. Twice. I cried for days for those pigs.
- I love bacon.
- I have horrible posture and grammar. These two are unrelated.
- My favorite movie is Sixteen Candles. I cried when it was my sister’s movie pick, and I didn’t want to watch it at all. Thank you, 1986.
- When I was in 6th grade, I was crowned “Royalty Miss, Beautiful Miss.” I think there were only three of us entered in that beauty pageant.
- I have a fear of Maxi dresses.
- I bought a pair of crocs this year. And like them.
- I hoard food. Maybe because we had very little money growing up. I feel the need to have food around me all the time.
- I know all the words to “Baby Got Back.”
- I love to sing out loud as long as no one can hear me.
- I’m a hypochondriac and hope my children don’t inherit my freak genes.
- If I could get a massage everyday, I would.
- I don’t like to exercise, but I love to spontaneously sign up for (and run) 5k races.
- I love the SF Giants, but I’ll watch any team play baseball. It might be the ballpark hot dog and beer that I love too.
- I want to be a better mother to my girls. I love them to the moon and back.
- I gave birth to both my children unmedicated. I’m still traumatized by one of them.
- I am always rearranging our furniture. It drives my husband crazy.
- I’m allergic to shellfish, but don’t think I’d eat them anyway.
- My favorite band is Fleetwood Mac. I love Stevie Nicks.
- U2 is a very close second.
- I don’t like different food types to touch on my plate. This makes Thanksgiving dinner very difficult.
- I love to read mindless romance novels.
- I don’t have a favorite color. I really do love them all.
- I love to gamble. I play roulette and my lucky numbers are 25 and 17.
- I was a flight attendant in my former life, but now I have a terrible fear of flying.
- I love warm weather.
- I hate being cold. I should not live in San Francisco.
- I unconciously hold my pinky out when I am drinking wine or tea. You will notice and make fun of me.
- I hate my graying hair, but I am not going to fight it any longer. Color be gone.
- I’m happiest when all the people I love are in one room.
- Some of my best friends I met online through blogging.
- I am trying to raise $4,000 for my 40th birthday to help stop child sex trafficking. Because it’s wrong. Help me out.
Goodbye 30s. You were fun while you lasted.