My girls beg for waffles for both breakfast and dinner. If they were home during the day, they’d probably want them for lunch too. When I started running out of ways to make our waffles more creative, I went to the internet for more options. I love waffles too, but I like them a little more robust than just butter and syrup. Here are over 20 delicious waffle recipes to make your waffles more enjoyable. Let’s add this to our list of make ahead options as well!
20 Delicious waffle recipes
Do you like Dunkin Donuts Blueberry Cake donuts? Then look no more, try these Blueberry Cake waffles and you’ll skip the donut from now on.
- Apple Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Roll Waffles – A Typical Mom
- Matcha Green Tea Waffles – Plating Pixels
- Maple Bacon Waffles – Ashlee Marie
- Gingerbread Waffles – A Virtual Vegan
- Blueberry Cake Waffles – The Baker Mama
And nothing makes breakfast more like dinner than adding a little fried chicken to the waffle mix. Not going to lie, I might have served Eggo’s and Dino-nuggets to start this trend, but the real deal is so much better.
- Waffle with Marshmallow Frosting and Caramelized Bananas – Climbing Grier Mountain
- Toasted Almond Waffles – Baking Bites
- Cinnamon Ricotta Waffles – Baking Bites
- Cranberry Orange Waffles – Tauni Everett
- Fried Chicken and Waffles with Apple Butter Kale Slaw – Climbing Grier Mountain
Anyone else guilty of saving overly ripe bananas with the intent of making banana bread? I do this weekly. It only makes sense to come up with a fantastic banana bread waffle recipe for those moments.
- Strawberry Waffles with Strawberry Whipped Cream – A Night Owl
- Banana Bread Waffles – Elephantastic Vegan
- Chocolate Chip Waffles – DIY Candy
- Watermelon Waffles – Dinner at the Zoo
- Red Velvet Waffles – Sarah Hearts
Tis the season for a lot of leftover Eggnog. I am the only one in my house that drinks Eggnog during the holidays. So I am happy to use a little bit in this amazing waffle recipe. My family has yet to learn there is actually eggnog involved, just something that tastes fantastic with a lot of cinnamon and whipped cream.
- Grapefruit Buttermilk Waffles with Toasted Coconut – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Almond Butter and Jelly Waffles – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Pineapple Macadamia Nut Waffles – Belle of the Kitchen
- Neapolitan Waffles – Dinner at the Zoo
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Waffles – Cook Nourish Bliss
- Eggnog Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream – Cook Nourish Bliss
I make huge batches of these at once and freeze them so the girls can take advantage of them a few days at a time. See, our waffle devotion runs deep. How do you like you’re waffles?